5 Ways Traveling Improves Your Mind, Body and Soul by Dr. Rahi’s Integrative Aesthetics™ Specialist
“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” Learn the importance of Travelling by reading our blog below. For more information, call us at Dr. Rahi’s Integrative Aesthetics™ Specialist or simply schedule an appointment online! We have 2 convenient locations to serve you in Beverly Hills CA, and SoHo NY!
- You get to try new things – science shows us that the more you learn, educate and experience the better your brain health. As you expose you brain to new experiences you help your brain create new neural circuits which can help prevent certain long term neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s
- You meet new cultures and new people which allow you to develop more compassion and understanding of the other beings on this planet: there is an estimated 100 billion planets in our galaxy making planet Earth barely significant so since we’re in this together shouldn’t we get along?
- Decrease stress levels – you can leave your life worries behind and go on a yoga retreat, dance in the nightclubs of Ibiza, walk all over the city of Rome in the summer heat, scuba dive in Fiji or even lounge at an all inclusive resort in Jamaica: regardless of whatever you do what matters is that you are giving your mind and body a break. Studies have shown that decrease stress lead to decreased inflammation which in turn can lead to decreased disease in the body.
- A fun part of travel is trying out new foods and learning about their nutritional content: for example the best bananas are in the Caribbean, the best kebabs (when I used to eat meat) are in Tehran, the best sushi is in Tokyo and Vancouver, the best croissants are freshly made early mornings in Paris, best vegan meals in Nicaragua, and the best Pad Thai is on the streets of Bangkok. These are just examples and I encourage you to explore this on your own because a a happy life stems from a happy tummy.
- Improve your work ethic – travel gives you the time off to decompress, time to think and assess your crazy work schedule so you are able to return refreshed and ready for a new week ahead.
With travel you are able to take away whatever part of that culture you desire and incorporate it into your lifestyle. This is where labels become less important to those who travel: I feel like I can relate to all of the cultures I have experienced and visited which ultimately allows me to have a better understanding of others, of the Earth we live on, and of myself.